26 Eylül 2012 Çarşamba

The slab can't be far behind

To contact us Click HERE
How low can expectations get when one is willing - making a choice - to live in such living conditions? These are glorified flop houses. Not much better than sleeping in a camper - if it is any better. [San Francisco experiments with 300-square-foot micro-apartments].

The homeless are given better housing. Just think how many units can be stacked along the light rail tracks.

Instead of a thriving or even a sustaining economy - rather than fixing it - we adjust to the least common denominator. We have spawned a very malleable working class. Working for less and less and seemingly glad to do it.

Just to think that when I was in my twenties I was married with two children, two cars, one new high performance Plymouth convertible, and a 6 year old Cadillac convertible, a dog, and could have easily afforded a new three bedroom house with a real yard. My job - an electronics technician at IBM. No college, only Navy training. And, I could borrow money on my signature alone.

Don't tell me things weren't better in the old days.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder